Sunday, June 27, 2010

Best. Week. Ever.

I took some vacation time this past week to spend time with Colton. We had an amazing week! Wednesday Colton, Karlee and I went to Toy Story 3. This was Colton's first movie in a theatre and he did a really good job. He sat still the whole time and loved the popcorn. We all loved the movie too. It was the perfect ending to such a great story.

Thursday we got to spend the afternoon with our friends Jena and Aniston. The kids played in Aniston's pool, created art with sidewalk chart, ate a lot of fruit and played with all of Aniston's cool toys. It was fun to be able to catch up with Jena and here all about their recent cruise to Alaska.
Friday we spent most the day playing with Lucas and the twins. Margaret let us all come to her house and lounge around in the backyard while the two boys played. We also had a picnic lunch of Del Taco. Colton always loves getting together with Lucas. They have so much fun together! I always love getting together with Shamie, Margaret and Don. I love our conversations and how supportive they are of Colton and I. That night we got to go to Grandpa Lewis' and ride over to see the Taylorsville Days fireworks. Colton liked them but I think had we been much closer he would have had a different opinion.
Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to the Taylorsville parade with Grandma and Grandpa Lewis and Karlee. Colton was good at grabbing the candy that was thrown to him and seemed to be enjoying it for the most part and then tragedy struck. While Karlee was holding him he puked all over himself and Karlee. It was really nasty and did NOT smell good. He then became our little "white trash baby" running around in only his diaper. The two SheriffsThis is my favorite picture because it just illustrates what I'm talking about. We were going to go to the carnival after but those plans changed since we had to go home for the two stinky people to shower.
That night we went to the West Jordan Demolition Derby. My cousin Cameron, who is seventeen, raced in it. He has done a few derbies last year and a few already this summer. During his heat he got hit once and had to pull his flag. We were way bummed but found out it was because his steering column had fallen out in his lap. Dang it! Well because these "city derbies" are kind of lame they ended up letting any car that could run in the final. That definitely worked on Cam's favor seeing as his car ran perfectly good. Well after a very EXCITING and intense championship heat my good old cousin WON! Yes a seventeen year old beat out all of the older drivers out there! We were so excited and I was shaking because it was so intense. He ended up winning $2700.00! He got the award for also being the most aggressive driver of the night. Now we can't wait for the Kamas Derby when both him and his brother Tyson will be in it.
Cameron is car 43

Celebrating his win! (he is the blond in the gray sweatshirt)This week has been amazing. I have watched my little boy grow in front of my own eyes. In just this week his vocabulary has honestly tripled. He is saying more and more words and can repeat almost anything you ask him to say. He is getting really good at saying please and thank you and can say all the colors when asked (my favorite is "lellow"). I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with him and am very sad to go back to work tomorrow. It was a well needed break as I was starting to feel very overwhelmed with life and was starting to be grumpy almost everyday. I feel refreshed and happy with how things are turning out in my life. Don't you just love when you feel like everything starts falling into place?!? This week reiterated to me how much I love my little boy and how much he means to me. I don't know where I would be in life without him (probably no where good) and I thank God daily for allowing me to be his mom.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! I love summer, it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't summer so much FUN!!! I love all the fun things there is to do and it sounds like you are SOAKING up all the rays possible!!!

    ReplyDelete

Voting