Sunday, July 22, 2012

Crash and go Boom!

Ready to see the cars!
One of my favorite days of the year is when we go to the Kamas Demolition Derby. I have been going to the derby every single year since I was a little girl. I LOVE IT!! I have taken Colton every year since he was born also but this is the first year he was really into it. He couldn't wait to go see the cars "crash and go boom". After the first heat he asked if there was going to be more and cheered while jumping up and down when I told him yes. My two cousins Tyson and Cameron Lewis have been driving in the derby since they both turned 16. Tyson has won the last two years so they were watching out for him. Unfortunately they deemed the car he had built as "illegal" (we really question that decision making) so he had to drive one of his other cars that has been in 3 other derby's before this one. Although he was driving an old car he still put on quite a show and made it to the final. Cameron also put quite a show on and hit a car so hard it tipped over! In the end Tyson's tire fell off the rim and Cameron's drive line went out so neither of them did take first place. Tyson did win hardest hit in one of his heats and Cameron took 4th place overall and won $1000.00. It was lots of fun and I am already looking forward to next years. There is something about the smell of dirt, exhaust and smoke that makes my adrenaline get going!
Tyson's car (I forgot to get a pic of Cameron's)
Colton with his Great Grandma and Grandpa Lewis
Colton with Grandpa Vance
Colton and Aunt Karlee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting