Monday, June 11, 2012

Life Long Friends

Growing up we had neighbors, The Nelsons, who we lived right next door to us. They moved in when our mom's were both pregnant with their first kids, who were born 10 days apart. They proceeded to have kids very close in age. We grew up doing everything together! Laura was my very first best friend. In the summer before my 8th grade year they moved to Crescent City, CA. This was the most traumatic thing to happen to me in my young life. The night before she moved we spent the whole night dancing in my front yard to Cindy Lauper's "Time After Time". We have kept in touch over the last 14 years both going out and visiting her in Cali and seeing her when she comes out to Utah. The thing I love most about Laura is even though we don't talk on a daily basis and we don't know all the small details of each other's lives the minute we are together it is like no time has passed. I consider her a sister and will be there for her til the day we die!
In May Laura graduated with her Masters in Social Work and got married all in the same weekend! Well there was no way I was going to miss this occasion so I convinced my family to drive out to California with me for the weekend. It was a great weekend and I am SO glad we all got to go. Laura lives in Paradise, CA (the name says it all) and luckily Trevor only lives about 3 hours away so he drove over and met us. This is the first time in 13 years all of us have been together. It was one of the best reunions ever! Congratulations to Laura and Jamie and I wish them a lifetime of happiness! No two people deserve each other more!

Beautiful Bride and myself


 My mom and Melonie Nelson


 The Nelson and Lewis kids in age order!
Laura, Trevor, David, Lindsey, Adam, Karlee and Lexi
 Trevor and David
 My family
*Colton was with his dad this weekend. Even though I was sad he wasn't there it was nice not to have to worry about him on the 11 hour car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting